Western Maryland - Something for everyone
The Castle after a morning snow. Ample winter snow ensures
excellent cross country and downhill skiing.
Local Activities and Attractions...
- Western Maryland Scenic Railroad
- C & O Canal and the Paw Paw Tunnel
- Hiking and biking in New Germany, Rocky Gap and Savage River State Parks
- Antiquing in Cumberland and nearby Pennsylvania
- Outdoor adventure: horseback riding, conoeing, whitewater rafting
- Cross country skiing at New Germany; downhill skiing at Wisp
- Historic walking tours, History House and Thrasher Carriage Museum
Local Numbers of Interest...
- Allegany County Visitor's Bureau 800-508-4748
- Western Maryland Scenic Railroad 800-TRAIN-50
- Falling Water Reservations 724-329-8501
- Cumberland Theatre 301-759-4990
The Castle for information and availability,
or call 301-264-4645